In this post is where I have posted my Penguicon 2016 – Internet Security For the Lay Geek talk. It took place on April 30th at 5pm at Penguicon in Southfield Michigan.
The internet is a place full of wonder and excitement for all people. It is a great place to for education and collaboration. While there is great opportunities to learn from people all over the world you will may also fall pray to malicious people too. Here I propose 5 steps you can take to reduce the likely hood of an attack.
- Get an AntiVirus/AntiSpyware/Firewall
- Install updates or remove programs
- Use strong unique passwords
- Turn on Two Factor
- Watch out for scammers
- Don’t use login links in emails
- Don’t over share on Social Media
The Penguicon 2016 titled “Internet Security for the Lay Geek” slides are available here:
Click here for the PDF version: